Sunday, March 8, 2009

A phone call

When I was walking around in Big W today, I received a "Witheld" phone call.

D: 哈咯?
D: Hello?

A: 哈咯...欸, DADDY! 你好吗?
A: hello...eh, DADDY! How are you?

D: 你在哪里哦?
D: Where are you?

A: 在Big W
A: At Big W

D: 你那边有地震啊?
D: Got earthquake in Melbourne is it?

A: 啊!前天晚上九点啊。。欸?你怎么懂得勒?
A: Yea, the day before yesterday at 9pm. Eh? How did you know?

D: 你为什么没有跟我们讲?你家的窗口有事吗?
D: Why you didn't let us know? Is your window at home ok?

A: 哦。。应该没事啦。有事的话早就打电话给你们了咯。。我自己都没有feel到!
A: Oh...I think should be ok. If there's anything, I would have called you earlier.. I didn't even feel it myself.

D: 呵呵呵。。。你没有去查一下?有没有裂啊?听说很严重勒,4.0 哦。。
D: Hehehe...Did you check? Got cracks or not? I heard it's quite serious, 4.0 le..

A: 我知道啊!10 年来最严重的,但是为什么我都没有感觉到的?怎么奇怪。不会啦!地震是发生在Eastern Suburbs的啦!
A: Yea, i know! I heard from the news it's the most serious in the decade, but why i didn't feel it? So funny. Should be ok la! The tremor shaked in Eastern Suburbs, not the CBD.

D: 你那时候在哪里哦?为什么不知道?
D: Where were you that time? Why you didn't know?

A: 我那时候在跟朋友在一起。回来过后朋友告诉我,我才懂得勒。
A: I was outside together with my friends. I only knew it after I came home.

D: 哦哦。。没事就好啦。拜拜!
D: O...good la if everything's alright. Bye!

What la?! My dad was more concerned about our window at home than me??

More information about the tremor:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/06/2509904.htm