Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Yay! It's October :)

Woohoo.. Here comes October! A month that I always look forward to, and it has always been one of my favourite months of the year.

All the days of my life, I tend to disregard the importance of my own birthday. I realised in every single person, there is a fear of disappointment when it comes to their birthday. Well, I admit I did have it too. Hence, I'll always make sure that the people who I love and concern will feel special and love on their birthday. I used to love to have a bunch of closed friends together, a surprise from friends and family who are closed to me. God had indeed fulfilled my wish in 2010. Truly I know I'm blessed with amazing friends. In 2012, God surprised me with my great colleagues who fulfilled this wish of mine as well! These three years, while I'm away from my family and my good friends, God has developed a dear in my heart that no matter where I am, I'm contended and reminded to enjoy myself and my life to the fullest even when I'm alone.

This year, I can't wait to spend my birthday with my family and my bf at the place where I grew up in. My parents who I haven't be with for my last 9 birthdays. As I grew up, seeing my parents growing old, spending my birthday with my family is the most special time for me. I love them to the core, hence I buy myself a birthday gift, a to-and-fro air ticket, to go back to my hometown to be with them.

My expectations for the new year ahead:
1) First love restored
2) Doubt abolished
3) Health restored
4) Freedom established
5) Vision reignited
6) Promises reinstated
7) Disappointments disempowered
8) Limitations diminished
9) Aspirations surrended
10) Family's salvation
11) Christ EXALTED.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name
 
When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
 
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless stand before the throne.
 
Christ alone; cornertone
Weak made strong in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all