Friday, April 24, 2009

It has been soo long! Disconnected...

Lately there're far too many stuff that I want to do, I want to achieve, I want to become. But the fast, busy uni life just limited me from doing and achieving, be effective and productive!

I listened to a podcast sermon today by Keith when I was on my way back from my uni Gippsland/Yarragon Landslide field trip. He mentioned that fast moving life in many ways have created more problems in relationship than helping it. People are getting more disconnected with the fast moving communication technology. Just because we can connect to a person easily by a click through the internet but does it compensate our sincerity? People today don't feel as nearly as connected as we were one generation ago.

It made me pondered for a minute. Even fast communication world can get people disconnected from one another though it's convenient and easy, how about fast moving busy uni life that will get me disconnected from my usual life?

When I was walking along the quiet shophouses at Yarragon today, I suddenly felt very relaxed, quiet, slow, and peace. And God just struck me and said, "Angeline, you need to slow down your feet, you need Sabbath! You are sick now because your body - the Temple of the Holy Spirit- is protesting, trembling and giving you warnings!"

God then revealed me this verse:

Exo 31:15
[Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.]

It just reminded me of a preacher once preached that it's not wrong to work on Sunday though people refer that day as Sabbath. We determined our own Sabbath day, different people set different days of Sabbath for themselves. Some people's Sabbath day is Monday or any other days. It just refers that we work for 6 days during the week, we need to find a day to rest! Even God found a day (the seventh day) to rest Himself from doing all things when He was creating the Heaven and the Earth. Then I realised, yes, all these while, I'm just keep running and running along with the busyness. I NEED to STOP and doesn't matter whether there's anyone that is pestering or pushing me, I NEED to give myself a BREAK and just do the things that I like and love to do!

And Yes, because of busyness as an excuse, I allow and let my life disconnected from a lot of things that I loved to do. It comes to the point that, the impression that I gave to the people out there is, "Angeline is always busy" or even carry the nickname "Busy girl!".

My passion, my friends, my goals. It has been so long since I last called my besties back in Malaysia, since I last initiated to keep in touch with my friends through MSN, since I last "made porridge" with my friend for hours, since I last caught up with my ex-church friends, since I last talked and caught up with my UL members (we're going to catch up this coming Sunday! excited!), since I last sat down in front of a TV and actually watched my fave MU football match - all I did was checking scores only (what a fan I am!), since I last sincerely cooked myself and my friends a good good meal, since I last baked, since I last pampered myself, since I last stood in front of my keyboard and made some tunes, since I last stepped into a cinema, since I last had a good big laugh! It has been sooooo long!!




Friends, Sorry for disconnected with you guys for UBER long, sorry! Will surely find time to catch up and chat with you guys! Wait for my smses or phone calls...real soon!! I'll get back on track on the things that I love to do and never let busyness control my life anymore but live my life out and proud in Him to the max with passion and compassion!!