Sunday, July 5, 2009

IT people...smart! Space for my thoughts :)

I actually think Twitter and Facebook is clever to come out with the ideas that you can update what's in your mind from time to time. Cos' I realised our mind creates thoughts every single seconds and is constantly looking for ways to release it out whether it's positive or the negative.

For example, "I think this or that is cool...hmm, yea, right! I had a great night! Woow, dinner's great! Yummers...". This kind of thoughts are like monologue but at the same time sharing to the world whether they are interested to know it or not. That's why twitter has become the most "IN" thing at the moment which most of the celebrities and leaders of the world have an account and they can even update it via mobile phone!!

There's a season of my life, my college years, that I was a very "close-up" and so-called "the most quiet person" which I know it myself that I'm not!! All of my high school, uni and current church friends may have seen the most crazy part of me! Thank God I was like that for only two years! As time goes by, I realised I was like that before was becos of fear and intimidation that pulls me back. Twitter and Fb sometimes helps me a bit to share it out.

I realised our negative thoughts are always further more than the positives. It's really how powerful Satan is to conquer our mind to bring us down.

I was in fear when I was serving in church today. It was my first time to serve in Guest Services. I struggled initially when I just got the email from Kim. I kept telling myself that I cannot do this, I'm not gifted in ushering, I'll surely mess it up, I'll screw things up, I'm not going to do it well for sure. All this negative thoughts...conquered and robbed away my peace for the whole entire week!! Then God kept reminding me, serving Him is not about the skills but the heart. All these while what I want to do is to serve Him, do things for Him, do whatever things that He wants me to do. Yes, I'm soooo willing to do everything and spread all the love to the people around me for Him. And now I'm entrusted by Him in ushering in church. It's indeed a good one! Today was the first time I saw how they packed down the church. Wow..really impressed me! All of them are really servants of God! Stirred me up indeed!

I love God, I love PSCC. I felt privilege to be part of them and serve all the lovely people and leaders in church. People are so passionate and hungry for God. How if all the residents of the Earth are like that... I want to overcome something...something that's inside my heart which is very heavy! God, I need Your help more than anything else! :)

These are all the thoughts that are in my mind now. More than the Twitter and Facebook status space can contain.