Thursday, September 24, 2009

Great encounter...

Yday am', I was seriously grumpy. Part of it probably is becos' I didn't get enuf sleep...the others, hmm...'ll just keep it to myself. And I seriously release part of my grumpiness on my uni group mates. Sorry about that guys...you all are still awesome than ever!

Anyways, my God never leave me nor forsake me. For the first time in my life that I felt God is literally with me the whole day even when I was angry, He accompanied me. After the msg preached by Ps. Alex during Inner Champ two nights ago, I started to be aware of the presence of God that's with me ALL the time, 24/7! (Sometimes, we just forgot that He's omnipresent and He's there watching us at all times. But He does.)

It's amazing how God can turn my day around by bringing people that I love to me, spending great awesome time together, build me up and inspires me with even more! One of Ps. Alex's 'often heard' line during Inner Champ made me ponder for a bit. She said, "Wait upon the Lord and He will surely speak to you. All you need to do is just sit still...and wait." Our days are just busy that we always felt hard to take the time out to really sit still, enjoy His presence and wait upon Him (or maybe that's me?). So I told a bit of my day with a very good friend of mine from M'sia and he gave the verse of Eph 4-6. It spoke to me on how I should carry myself even in my toughest time. "Angry but do not sin!" Angry is allowed but let it be one that will build up a relationship rather than destroying one.

But I wasn't satisfied with my encounter with Him. During PlanetUNI camp, Ps. Matt taught us to pray, sit still and wait for the Holy Spirit to reveal us a verse from the Bible. At the same time, I wonder whether those verses ever existed in the Bible or not. I don't want these great encounters to just happen during conferences or camps. But it can still happen on a personal basis. Oh well...He showed me Isaiah 51:7-23.

When He said, "I, even I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear? Yet you have forgotten the Lord, your Creator, the one who put the stars in the sky and established the earth. Will you remain in constant dread of human oppression? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies from morning till night?...."
He continued, "...This is what the Sovereign Lord, your God and Defender, says; See, I am taking the terrible cup from your hands. You will drink no more of my fury. It's gone at last! But I will put that cup into the hands of those who tormented you. I will give it to those who trampled you into the dust and walked on your backs."

I was like..OMG! God knows what I'm thinking deep inside my heart. All my complaints to Him that night were all answered!! How awesome is He huh? Talking to Him is really not just a monologue, it's a dialogue.

James 4:8 "Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you." made so much sense to me right now! :)